What is a semester ticket?
The semester ticket is a state-wide travel ticket for students that allows you to use public transport such as buses and trains for free.
It is valid for public transport
If you study in Lübeck, the ticket is also valid for
It is not valid
- for other ferries and
- the Syltbus.
How to order your semester ticket
To obtain your semester ticket, you will need:
- your student QIS account login and
- a personal photo of good quality.
- Go to www.nah.sh and follow the instructions in the order process.
- After choosing your university (properly TH Lübeck) you will be redirected to a university page to agree to the transfer of your data to the sales service provider to order the ticket.
- To do so, you have to log in with your student QIS account i. e. with your matriculation number and personal university password.
- Then you can fill in the online form and choose between mobile phone or paper ticket.
- You will need to upload a personal photo to place your order, so make sure you choose the right one.
- The application will then be reviewed and the ticket will be sent to you:
- With the mobile phone ticket, you will receive a code to your university e-mail address with which you can load the ticket into the NAH.SH app.
- If you have chosen the paper ticket, it will be sent to the shipping address provided.
Your student ID is not valid as a semester ticket.
Semester Ticket Cancellation and Reimbursement
In principle, a refund of the semester ticket fee is not possible. The ticket is financed on a solidarity basis. As an individual, a comparable ticket costs more than 3,000 € per year. However, exceptions for reimbursement are regulated by the statutes of the AStA.
On request to the AStA, the following persons may receive a refund of the fee for the local and the national semester ticket:
- Severely disabled persons who are in possession of a pass for free public transport (with supplement and token from the pension office),
- students who cannot use public transport due to their disability and who provide appropriate proof of this,
- students in an online study programme,
- students who are on leave of absence due to studies abroad, federal voluntary service, a properly excluded illness - or for other purposes,
- students who demonstrably spend more than 15 weeks continuously at an institution outside the area of validity of the regional semester ticket; permissible purposes are student exchange programs, internships, final and doctoral theses,
- students who are also enrolled at another university or academy in Schleswig-Holstein and who have already paid in full the fees payable there in accordance with the fees regulations, including the portion of fees payable for the state-wide semester ticket.
Exceptions must be applied for in writing to the AStA by the end of the first month of the semester using the appropriate form!
If you have further questions regarding the ticket, please contact the General Students' Committee (AStA) of the Technische Hochschule Lübeck.