The HIS Online Portal (also known as QIS) is your way to view and, if necessary, change your personal and study-related information.
Importance of QIS
What you can do via the QIS portal:
- Log in with the user data of your THL IT account (matriculation number and password).
- After logging in successfully, your personal data will be displayed at the top menu bar and in the administration menu on the left side of the screen.
- Then select the menu item you need, i.e general administration, administration of study, administration of exams, edit password, logout.
Examination registration and deregistration
To take an exam, you have to register for it. Only if you successfully pass the exam in a subject, you will receive a grade and have successfully passed the course.
Please also refer to the examination schedule of your department. There you will find, for example, the type of examination with which a subject is completed. This will also give you information on whether you have to register for the exam at the beginning or later in the semester.
If you do not feel ready to take an exam, you should always deregister beforehand. If you do not deregister in advance, the exam will be rated as "not passed" and it will be counted as one attempt at the exam. Usually, you are only allowed to repeat an exam twice before you are finally exmatriculated.
This is how you proceed:
- Log into the QIS platform with your username and password.
- Select "Administration of study". This opens four options namely
- Exam Registration/Deregistration
- List of registered Exams
- List of deregistered Exams
- Transcript of Records
Registration for exams
- Click on "Administration of Exams".
- Select "Exam Registration/Deregistration" and follow the instructions on the screen.
- A list of your courses will now be displayed. Select the exams for which you want to register or deregister.
- Click on the green button "registration of exam" to register or the red button "cancel registration of exam" to deregister.
- After that, you will receive an email confirmation of successful registration/deregistration.
If you have problems with the QIS portal, you should contact the support:
- If there are questions regarding the displayed data and information, e.g. if a course is not displayed for which you want to register, please contact the secretary's office of the corresponding department.
- If you have technical problems, please contact the Campus Management Team via email@example.com.